JAG Companies, Inc. is excited to share that ECI Drilling International, LLC has consolidated operations with Huxted Tunneling, LLC to form one trenchless solutions company—Huxted Trenchless, LLC.
REPUTATION – WORK ETHIC – TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT
At Huxted Trenchless, we believe that employees are an essential part of our business and that a commitment to customer service is essential. We further believe in the spirit of teamwork and success, and that each of us has a contribution that’s crucial to our company’s success. If you’re interested in joining a leader in the construction industry, please review the current opportunities below, and if qualified and interested, please send your resume.
Huxted Trenchless prides itself on the following three dedicated core values: reputation, work ethic, and team accomplishment. These have been core tenets of our business since its inception. We strive to find these core values in all our employees. At Huxted Trenchless, our top-notch reputation precedes us in every project that we undertake, and when hiring for a horizontal directional drilling job, we aim to find team members who will help maintain this reputation. As with any career, work ethic is essential to success, and our industry is no exception. A strong work ethic is paramount to the completion of our projects. Lastly, team accomplishment is where we seek to combine our entire team’s efforts into one synergistic output. Without our team mindset, Huxted Trenchless would not be able to undertake and complete the type of projects we have become accustomed to completing.
Huxted Trenchless is a well-established Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) and Microtunneling Contractor based in Conroe, TX, seeks a recent graduate to fulfill a key role in the company’s organizational plan. The successful candidate can expect to travel throughout the United States with experienced drilling and microtunneling crews completing challenging and rewarding trenchless projects. After acquiring the necessary experience, knowledge and confidence this position will transition into a Project Manager role with less travel and working more frequently from our corporate office in Conroe, TX with executive staff.
Projects often require significant marine support. For example, directional drilling to/from land base to ocean/marine based operations to tie-in power cable from offshore wind farm(s) and underwater tunnel machine retrievals for raw water intakes and sewer outfalls. The ideal candidate must apply their educational background to assist the crew and complete these projects safely.
- Work directly with the Project Superintendent on-site to acquire HDD and Tunnel operational experience.
- Review and understand project scope of work, plans, specifications.
- Prepares a schedule of submittals including, submittals, based on the requirements of the specifications and submits to the PM for review.
- Become proficient in the understanding and use of drilling fluids, cutter tools, guidance systems and geology assessments.
- Maintains digital project filing, including correspondence, submittals, RFI’s, change orders, etc.
- Prepare daily reports and track production performance.
- Order and maintain material(s) and supplies.
- Interface daily with Project Manager and/or Operations Manager for work assignments.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Prepares and submits project monthly pay application including all necessary documents.
- Develops and maintains project specific CPM Schedule.
- Reviews Bid with Estimating Staff and Understands the Means and Methods used to develop the Bid
- Corresponds with Owner, Vendors and Subcontractors
- Verifies/approves monthly pay request for subs and/or vendors
- Responsible for the oversight of all project Cost and prepares a monthly “Cost to Complete” forecast/projections comparing budget to actual cost.
- Develops and/or reviews submittal packages, design drawings, work plans and engineering calculations.
- Tracks actual project performance against the estimate.
- Provides technical support, advice and recommendations to consulting engineers, owners and owner representatives, during project design phase.
- Establish and maintains a client, vendor and supplier base.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field from an accredited University.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Willing to travel, able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and AutoCad.
JAG Companies Inc. is the parent company of heavy civil construction industry firms Northeast Remsco Construction, Inc., Caldwell Marine International, LLC, & Huxted Trenchless, LLC. Family owned and operated for over forty years, JAG Companies is ranked annually in the Top 50 largest Hispanic-owned companies in the United States. The companies maintain their MBE certification through the National Minority Supplier Development Council. JAG Companies continues to experience growth with their core values of REPUTATION-WORK ETHIC-TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENT.
Each candidate for this position will be given a pre-employment drug screening.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, eVerify and a drug free workplace.
Please apply with your resume below.